QBASIC is a programming language. Microsoft inc. has been releasing this programs development environment as a replacement for GBASIC and BASICA. The environment includes a full screen , syntax checking editor, multi-file and multi-windows editing, full debugging facilities, pull down menus and a simple yet powerful menu structure that can be driven either through the keyboard or using a mouse. Once you are in the Qbasic development environment through the keyboard or using mouse. The following basic features have enhanced the capabilities of QBASIC:
- Subprograms allow you to separate programs into individual and logically independent modules.
- Structured programming supports is provided in the form of multi line IF..THEN..END type flow control structures like WHILE...WEND, SUB, FUNCTION procedures .
- Alphanumeric labels can be used making the programs more readable and writeable , because Qbasic does not require line numbers for its programs statements.
- Dynamic arrays can be declared to optimize memory usage.
- Large numeric arrays are allowed and any number of 64 K arrays can be used and fit into available memory.
- Metacommands allow you to control the way the compiler interprets and compilers your program.